10 hour course
Basic understanding of computing principles
Elementary understanding of networks and databases
A computer with at least 8 GB RAM
and 50GB free hard-disk space
What is Ethereum? This free Ethereum course gives you an overview of blockchain technology and covers the very basics of Ethereum. It is just a small selection of content from the in-depth, fully mentored Ethereum Developer Course
You are a developer keen to get into Ethereum? Check out the in-depth Certified Ethereum Developer Course. The 12-module intensive course is fully mentored by our expert instructors and gives you the hands-on practice you need to take your blockchain career to the next level.
What is inside?
The course covers the very basics of blockchain technology, from data structures to live projects using it. Many of you probably already know the basics and tools of cryptography. For those who want to brush up or get an introduction to cryptography and how it relates to Blockchain, we have got you covered!
- What is a blockchain?
- What are transactions and blocks?
- How do P2P systems operate?
- The most prominent consensus mechanisms
- Difference between private, consortium, and public networks
- What does the data structure look like?
- How do Smart Contracts work?
- What is the Ethereum Virtual Machine?
- What is a Hash?
- How do public/private keys work?
- What is a Merkle tree?
- What is the double-spend problem?
- The Ethereum ecosystem and DApps
- What is Mist and how does it work?
- What is Ether, an account, a Faucet?