4 hour course
Basic understanding of computing principles
Elementary understanding of networks and databases
A computer with at least 8 GB RAM
and 50GB free hard-disk space
This course is an introduction to Blockchain Technology in general and in Ethereum particularly. It will teach you about the concepts underlying Blockchain and show you both how Ethereum works and how you can get involved.
It is a small selection of content from the much more in-depth Ethereum Developer Online Course. If you are a developer keen to get into Ethereum, check out the 9-week intensive course: Here.
The course covers the very basics of blockchain technology, from data structures to live projects using it. Many of you probably already know the basics and tools of cryptography. For those who want to brush up or get an introduction to cryptography and how it relates to Blockchain, we have got you covered!
- What is a blockchain?
- What are transactions and blocks?
- How do P2P systems operate?
- The most prominent consensus mechanisms
- Difference between private, consortium, and public networks
- What does the data structure look like?
- How do Smart Contracts work?
- What is the Ethereum Virtual Machine?
- What is a Hash?
- How do public/private keys work?
- What is a Merkle tree?
- What is the double-spend problem?
- The Ethereum ecosystem and DApps
- What is Mist and how does it work?
- What is Ether, an account, a Faucet?