Start with this free
general introduction to blockchains
Find out about blockchains at a high level
before you dive into a specific protocol
Everything you need to get a non-technical overview of blockchains
What is a blockchain? This free Blockchain Essentials taster offers a high-level overview of blockchain technology for a non-technical audience. You will get a basic understanding of technical fundamentals, discover how smart contracts work, and explore real life blockchain use cases. You will also cover technical and social discourses surrounding this powerful yet often misunderstood technology.
If you are not a developer but would still like to get a comprehensive introduction to blockchain technology, this free taster is for you!
What you will get
This taster covers the basics of blockchain technology and public and enterprise networks.
- Introduction: What is blockchain?
- History of Blockchain
- Data & Databases
- Networks & Protocols
- Cryptographic Fundamentals
- Finding Consensus
- Deployment Patterns: From Public to Private Blockchains
- All About Smart Contracts
- Blockchain Use Cases
- Blockchain Discourse
- Ethics & Future Implications
- Try It Yourself!
- Self-Assessment Quiz
Is this taster for me?
- This course is designed for anyone who wants to get a comprenensive bird's eye view of blockchains and some of their advantages and disadvantages.
- Recommended experience: None. You do not need any programming experience or prior knowledge about blockchain to join this free introductory course.
- Requirements: A computer with at least 8 GB RAM and 50GB free hard-disk space.
- Workload: 20 hours of text, videos, animations and quizzes. This free taster is self paced and does not have support from our expert mentors and instructors.
Try this free Blockchain Taster
Start your blockchain journey now!
Are you a developer thinking about becoming a blockchain expert?
The real difference in a B9lab course is the outstanding access to expert instructors who are dedicated to helping you succeed:
A dedicated team of expert instructors for One-on-One support and code review
Access to to the community of global learners and Alumni
Unlimited access to all course materials and updates for four months
100% online learning, choose to learn with peers in a cohort or at your own pace
Build your blockchain career portfolio
Get certified on the Ethereum blockchain
Get serious about blockchain
Access to the best instructors in the world