- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller. We are a company registered in England with company number 09949711 and our registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, United Kingdom.
The personal data we collect
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information you give us. This includes information you may give us when registering to the Service and may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and other registration information.
Information we collect automatically. We automatically collect the following information from your use of the Site:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from third parties. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and payment services advertising networks, analytics providers, search information provider) and may receive information about you from them.
- Some of personal data we collect may be classified as sensitive personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will treat sensitive personal data in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Why we collect personal data and what we do with it
- When you provide your personal data to us, the purpose for which you are providing that personal data will always be clear.
In general, we will process your personal data:
- to carry out our obligations under our agreement with you, which for the avoidance of doubt, may include sharing your personal information with other users of the Service;
- to create and administer your account with us;
- to provide you with information about the Service;
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Service, when you choose to do so;
- internally, to inform decisions about our business operations and strategy; and
- to contact you from time to time to market any other services we provide and we think may be of interest to you.
Who we share your personal data with
We may disclose your personal information to:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we or you enter into with them and for marketing their services to you;
- third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and
- third parties to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and any other agreements between us or to investigate potential breaches or protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted using the Service or the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site and use the Service.
- We will stop sending you marketing communications if you ask us to. Except for information which you have specifically requested from us, our marketing communications will also provide you with a means to opt out of such communications in future. In any event, if you wish to stop receiving some or all marketing communications from us, you can let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Site and the Service may contain links to other independent third-party websites (Third-Party Sites). Third-Party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any Third-Party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
Access to information
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- If you believe any of the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate, please tell us so we can correct it as necessary